Did you know that mothers have the power to create generations of great women? Mothers not only define the way their daughters see themselves as women, but they also have the ability to define how they see themselves as problem-solvers, over-comers, achievers, friends, significant others, mothers (perhaps one day), and in many other ways they desire to achieve in their lifetimes.
That said, if you did not have a healthy mother daughter relationship, this doesn't mean you're not able to create your own narrative of self-empowerment and achieve your own greatness. As a matter of fact, you CAN do this, AND on top of that, you can change the trajectory of how future generations of women in your family line see themselves....and before you know it-BAM!! You just left a legacy...
1. Tailor therapy according to the unique needs, whether it is related to a mother daughter relationship or seeking your own empowerment as a woman.
2. Facilitate open and non-judgmental communication and meaningful connection with each other related to a mother daughter relationship.
3. Give you both tools you can use right away to promote healthy communication, positive growth and change you are seeking.
4. Challenge you to dig deep to facilitate the growth necessary for a healthy mother daughter relationship and personal growth as a woman.
5. Provide the tools you need to find healing, address gender-specific challenges, and create a narrative of empowerment to achieve what you want in life.
The truth is that it will be hard work, but it will be worth it!
When working with me, you'll get a therapist with the unique perspective of what it is to be a mother of a daughter - and, yes - a daughter who had a complicated relationship with her mother. I've been there too! You'll also get a therapist who will show you both how to leave no "white elephants in the room" and "go there" with yourselves and each other to create the positive growth. Simply, there is no way around that. I will guide you on how to skillfully do this using evidenced-based family therapy practices and practical strategies that are productive and create that desired positive shift.
If you are a woman seeking self-empowerment, know that I'm also a woman who has personally faced her own gender- and culturally-specific challenges and did her own work to create a narrative of empowerment to achieve what I wanted in life. I will guide you in finding your own strengths and reclaim your voice so that you can feel empowered to be the person you desire to be.
I look forward to helping you make this happen!
Copyright © 2021 Vita Nova Counseling, PLLC - All Rights Reserved.