Hi! I'm Erica Thomas!
I offer counseling services for mothers and daughters who want a good relationship, but are finding it difficult to mend their interpersonal conflicts. I also work with daughters who are finding themselves somewhat stuck and find it difficult to create a sense of self-empowerment because of the hurts they experienced from a complicated relationship with their mothers.
I love this work for several reasons:
1) I get to empower mothers to become the inspiring, healthy example of what it is to be woman - a POWERFUL effect that transcends generations.
2) I get to empower mothers to be the healthy example of a mother they desire to be for their daughters, which, in turn, creates a healthy blueprint of the mother they may be one day to a daughter.
3) I get to provide healing to mothers and daughters who are finding themselves at odds with each other due to past hurts and unhealthy dynamics, leading to an improved mother daughter relationship.
4) I get to work with adult women who have been hurt by a complicated relationship with their mother to create positive growth and development in their own personal/professional lives.
Did you know that mothers have the power to create generations of great women? Mothers not only define the way their daughters see themselves as women, but they also have the ability to define how they see themselves as problem-solvers, over-comers, achievers, friends, significant others, mothers (perhaps one day), and in many other ways they desire to achieve in their lifetimes.
1. Tailor therapy according to the unique needs of your mother daughter relationship.
2. Facilitate open and non-judgmental communication and meaningful connection with each other.
3. Give you both tools you can use right away to promote healthy communication and connection with each other.
4. Challenge you to dig deep into yourselves to facilitate the growth necessary for a healthy mother daughter relationship and personal growth.
5. Provide the tools you need to find healing, address gender-specific challenges, and create a narrative of empowerment to achieve what you want in life.
The truth is that it will be hard work, but it will be worth it!
When working with me, you'll get a therapist with the unique perspective of what it is to be a mother of a daughter - and, yes - a daughter who had a complicated relationship with her mother. I've been there too! You'll also get a therapist who will show you both how to leave no "white elephants in the room" and "go there" with yourselves and each other to create the positive growth. Simply, there is no way around that. I will guide you on how to skillfully do this using evidenced-based family therapy practices and practical strategies that are productive and create that desired positive shift.
I'm also a woman who has personally faced her own gender-specific challenges and did her own work to create a narrative of empowerment to achieve what I wanted in life. I will guide you in finding your own strengths and reclaim her voice so that you can feel empowered to be the person you desire to be.
I look forward to helping you make this happen!
Copyright © 2021 Vita Nova Counseling, PLLC - All Rights Reserved.
I will be taking a summertime breather July 12th through July 26th. All inquiries will be returned upon my return on July 27th.
Yo tendrá un descanso de verano el 12 de julio hasta el 26 de julio. Todos mesanjes y llamadas
serán regresadas el 27 de julio.